The Government has announced the rates of the National Minimum Wage (NMW) that will apply for 2013/2014. The following changes will come into effect on 1 October 2013:
- the adult NMW rate will increase from £6.19 to £6.31 per hour;
- the NMW rate for workers aged 18 to 20 will increase from £4.98 to £5.03 per hour;
- the NMW rate for 16- and 17-year-olds will increase from £3.68 to £3.72 per hour; and
- the apprentice rate of the NMW, which applies to apprentices under 19 or over 19 and in the first year of their apprenticeship, will increase from £2.65 to £2.68 per hour;
- the accommodation offset will increase from £4.82 to £4.91 per day.
For more information about this, please contact Alison who runs our Payroll Services.