Employment (all employment from 06/04/18 – 05/04/19)
- P60 or P45 showing gross salary, tax deducted by PAYE, and student loan deductions.
- If applicable, an employer’s P11D, showing all benefits.
- A list of any tax-deductible expenses e.g. professional subscriptions, travel expenses etc.
- Business records (if not already provided). This should include:
– Bank statements covering the financial year in question.
– Sales invoices.
– Purchase invoices.
– Other applicable information e.g. business mileage records, number of hours worked from home etc.
- Interest income and tax deducted.
- Any other income.
- Occupational pension – either a P60 or Certificate of Pension paid.
- State pension – pension received and notification letter.
- Other taxable benefits e.g. taxable lump sums received.
- Documentation of pension contributions (including dates, amounts and policy details).
- Interest from banks, building societies etc. – certificates/statements of interest received and tax deducted.
- Dividends – vouchers showing dividend received, date and tax credit.
- Income from trusts, settlements, estates and Deeds of Covenant – certificate/statement of income and tax deducted.
- Property income – records showing:
– Mortgage interest statements.
- The following list is not exhaustive:
– Monies withdrawn from life assurance policies/bonds.
– Gift Aid or Deed of Covenant payments.
– Student Loan repayments.
– Other payments qualifying for tax relief.
- Disposal where gain was greater than £11,000.
- Capital losses to be claimed.
- Property acquisitions and disposals.
- Shares/securities bought/sold.
- Other chargeable disposals e.g. personal effects worth over £11,000.
For assistance with your Self-Assessment Tax Return, or for any other accounting needs, contact Stack & Jones Accountant on 01869 277973 for a free 1-hour consultation.
Image source: unsplash.com