Self Assessment and Earning over 50K

Do you or your partner earn over 50K?

You may be liable to this new tax charge if you, or your partner, have an individual income of more than £50,000 and one of you gets Child Benefit or contributions towards the upkeep of a child. If this applies to you, you must register for self assessment to avoid a penalty.

You can find out if you’re affected, what this means and what you need to do by reading HMRC’s website: or contact us to discuss this further.

Like this article?

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkdin
Share on Email